While we cannot hold our sixth annual event exactly as planned, Pheasant Branch Conservancy still needs your support! PLEASE consider registering for this important fundraiser for the Friends of PBC and show that you stand with us in our mission of building a community protecting and enhancing this special place!
Here are the details of our VIRTUAL Prairie Chase Run/Walk:
- Run a 5K or 10K between Wednesday June 24th and Sunday June 28th. You can run PBC’s 5km limestone loop (do it twice for the 10K – or more if you’re feeling particularly cooped up!) – or run your virtual race anywhere where you can safely maintain physical distance. **PBC can be crowded these days, so if you do run the Prairie Chase course, consider visiting during off-peak times!**
- Results: We will send out a link where you can self-report your race time for publication in our official results. This is obviously on the honor system and a “14-minute 5K” is going to result in some serious side-eye.
- Race Swag! We have custom, performance wool running socks for the first 100 registrants. We will try to avoid prohibitive mailing costs by (safely) delivering these to local participants in the weeks following the event. (Thanks in advance for your patience!)
- We are holding registration fees at the early-bird discount of $20 ($10 student) through the end of the virtual event. Please consider joining the Friends of Pheasant Branch as a member to support our stewardship of PBC!
- Reminder: the traditional event routes will not be marked and there will not be aid stations or support for participants! Plan ahead!
Stay tuned for more updates as Prairie Chase approaches. Until then, Pheasant Branch Conservancy remains a great place to break up the monotony of #saferathome and get out in nature – just remember to social distance out on the trails!
And thanks for your continued support of Prairie Chase and the Friends of Pheasant Branch Conservancy!