- This event has passed.
Fishing For Dinner Instructor Training
January 8 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Fishing for Dinner – Fishing Wisconsin DNR
About these workshops:
Angler R3 includes the Fishing for Dinner and Angler Education programs. These workshops will certify you to lead Fishing for Dinner classes for adults and families at community centers and Angler Education programs suitable for the classroom and youth organizations. Pick and choose from among the options to suit your audience.
At these workshops, we’ll share tips and best practices on teaching people to fish and prepare the catch for the table. Brush up on your own basic fishing skills during hands-on activities and take home guides to implement these programs in your community. Bring your own teaching tips to share!
Participants will Receive:
- Fishing for Dinner and Angler Education Instructor Certification
- Fishing for Dinner Training Manual
- Junior Angler and Hook, Line, & Thinker program materials that can be adapted to classrooms and recreation programs.
- Access to a boatload of resources and loaner gear
- Instruction includes how to teach fish identification, knot tying, casting and more.
- Lunch or dinner!