- This event has passed.
Cranes and Culture Art Series @ International Crane Foundation
September 15, 2018
One event on July 8, 2018 at 12:00am
One event on August 11, 2018 at 12:00am
One event on September 15, 2018 at 12:00am
One event on October 6, 2018 at 12:00am
The International Crane Foundation is hosting a new Cranes and Culture Art Series throughout the 2018 visitor season.
Each month local artists will present a complimentary workshop to showcase their work – everything from photography to painting and dance. Participants will learn the cultural relevance of the art and how it relates to cranes and wetland conservation. After each artist presentation, participants can meet the artists, ask questions and most importantly, make their own art with the artists!
The Cranes and Culture Art Series will highlight the work of eight gifted artists in the community:
• June 16 – Illustrator Kim Russell of Spring Green, Wis.
• July 8 – Ho-Chunk Experience – Wasira Native Dance Show of Baraboo, Wis.
• Aug. 11 – Painter Janet Flynn of Reedsburg, Wis.
• Sept. 15 – Jewelry Maker Maya Madden of Lone Rock, Wis.
• Oct. 6 – Painter Ellen McGaughey of Wisconsin Dells, Wis.
This project is funded in part, by Jodi K. Kingdon and Henry S. Kingdon, M.D., Ph.D. and a grant from the Sauk County UW Extension, Arts & Culture Committee and the Wisconsin Arts Board with funds from the State of Wisconsin.