Benefits of Access to Nature
Coordinated efforts between local agencies and partners such as school districts and community-based organizations can maximize benefits to both young people and their communities, including:
- Improved health outcomes, including lower rates of childhood obesity
- Stronger academic skills, achievement, and engagement
- Increased opportunities for social and emotional learning
- Strong social connections to family members and community
- Increased creativity, self-esteem, focus cooperation, and executive function
- Cultivation of a long-term ethic of environmental stewardship and improved ecological literacy.