Nature Net is hiring! Apply between now and June 12th, 2017 for consideration for a paid summer/fall internship.
- 10-20 hrs/week: flexible; must be available some weekdays between 9-5 and some special events on evenings/weekends; some work may be done from home
- Compensation: competitive internship stipend (amount based on time commitment) with opportunity to continue the following semester – also see opportunities listed below.
- Assist Nature Net staff in preparing and staffing outreach events, including developing and running educational activities for diverse audiences.
- Maintain and update Nature Net website; edit/update content for accuracy and relevancy, help increase SEO.
- Assist in developing, promoting, and distributing Nature Passport program (spring semester).
- Seek out and secure new contacts and networks for promoting Nature Net – for example, local PTOs, district newsletters, local media sites, parent networks, etc.
- Research and provide quality content for monthly and seasonal electronic newsletters, events calendars, and webpages.
- Increase Nature Net’s social media presence with timely, entertaining, and educational posts.
- Curate and expand the Nature Net e-mail subscriber list.
- Assist Nature Net staff with regular administrative duties including, mailings, correspondence, word processing, database entry, preparation of reports, meeting preparation and follow-up, filing, deliveries, inventory, etc.
- Other special projects (your own projects/ideas are encouraged upon approval).
- 18+ years of age
- Commitment and reliability
- Cheerful, positive and open attitude; ability to work with public of all ages
- Communication skills, both oral and written
- Flexibility and creativity
- Interest in environmental and outdoor education
- Excellent organization and administration skills; ability to multi-task
- General computer skills, including familiarity with social media and online communications, html, WordPress, Microsoft Office, publishing design, etc.
- Reliable transportation to the Nature Center and for outreach events
- Gain experience and connections in a well-established network of formal and non-formal educators in south central Wisconsin.
- Learn about and be a part of promoting environmental education throughout Wisconsin and beyond.
- Gain experience in multiple areas of non-profit educational work, including writing, editing/publishing, program development, communications, and outreach.
- Develop your portfolio with educational activities and resources for kids, families, teachers, and administrators.
- Professional development (often including registration compensation) at relevant workshops and conferences.
How to Apply:
Individuals interested in this position are required to send a cover letter, resume and three references to:
Betsy Parker, Nature Net Coordinator
Or mail to: Nature Net
c/o Aldo Leopold Nature Center
330 Femrite Drive, Monona, WI 53716
Questions: (608) 221-0404 (extention = star key)
- Accepting applications: now through June 12th
- Interviews and reference checks ending June 23rd
- Ideal start date: week of June 26th