Nature Net is hiring! Apply between now and Sept 1, 2018 for consideration for a paid internship.
- Approximately 10 hrs/week: flexible; must be available some weekdays between 9-5 and some special events on evenings/weekends; some work may be done from home
- Compensation: internship stipend of $7.25/hour with opportunity for paid professional development opportunities – see opportunities listed below.
- Opportunity to continue the following semester
- Assist Nature Net staff in preparing and staffing outreach events, including developing and running educational activities for diverse audiences.
- Increase Nature Net’s social media presence with timely, entertaining, and educational posts.
- Assist in developing, promoting, and distributing Nature Passport program (spring semester).
- Research and post quality content for monthly and seasonal electronic newsletters, events calendars, and webpages.
- Maintain and update Nature Net website; edit/update content for accuracy and relevancy, help increase SEO.
- Seek out and secure new contacts and networks for promoting Nature Net – for example, local PTOs, district newsletters, local media sites, parent networks, etc.
- Curate and expand the Nature Net email subscriber list.
- Assist Nature Net staff with regular administrative duties including, mailings, correspondence, word processing, database entry, preparation of reports, meeting preparation and follow-up, filing, deliveries, inventory, etc.
- Other special projects (your own projects/ideas are encouraged upon approval).
- 18+ years of age
- Commitment and reliability
- Cheerful, positive and open attitude; ability to work with public of all ages
- Communication skills, both oral and written
- Flexibility and creativity
- Interest in environmental and outdoor education
- Excellent organization and administration skills; ability to multi-task
- General computer skills, including familiarity with social media and online communications, html, WordPress, Microsoft Office, publishing design, etc.
- Reliable transportation to the Nature Center and for outreach events
- Gain experience and connections in a well-established network of formal and non-formal educators in south central Wisconsin.
- Learn about and be a part of promoting environmental education throughout Wisconsin and beyond.
- Gain experience in multiple areas of non-profit educational work, including writing, editing/publishing, program development, communications, and outreach.
- Develop your portfolio with educational activities and resources for kids, families, teachers, and administrators.
- Professional development (often including registration compensation) at relevant workshops and conferences.
How to Apply:
Individuals interested in this position are required to send a cover letter, resume and three references to:
Betsy Parker, Nature Net Director
Or mail to: Nature Net
c/o Aldo Leopold Nature Center
330 Femrite Drive, Monona, WI 53716
Questions: (608) 216-9377
- Accepting applications: now through Sept 1, 2018
- Interviews and reference checks ending Sept 7, 2018
- Ideal start date: early September
Nature Net is a not-for-profit environmental learning network comprised of nineteen area nature centers, museums, gardens, and parks offering experiential, place-based environmental education to the schoolchildren, teachers, and families of south central Wisconsin. Nature Net was founded by the Aldo Leopold Nature Center in an effort to increase access to environmental education resources and to promote collaboration and educational excellence in nature education throughout the region and beyond.
Nature Net and its parent organization, the Aldo Leopold Nature Center, is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and serving a more diverse staff and community, and qualified applicants of under-represented backgrounds and identities are encouraged to apply.